Masterlator is a Master System & Game Gear emulator project started from scratch in December 2001. Since it is written completely in ANSI C, it needs at least a Pentium II class PC to run smoothly, but it is highly portable across operating systems and processors.
In the future, I would like the emulator to improve as a development tool. This means
that I'm planning to add a full-featured debugger and VRAM viewer.
- Written completely from scratch in ANSI-C using mingw, thereby making the emulator highly portable
- The image is zoomed in software when resizing the window to avoid the blurring effect of some gfx cards
- Fullscreen mode, optionally stretching the image to fill the whole screen
- Joypad support
- SMS BIOS support
- ZIP support by using the zlib
- Drag'n Drop support (Win32 specific)
- About 80% sound support (no speech yet and wrong synced noise)
- Usage of the SDL library
- Full battery backed RAM support, automatic loading and saving
Masterlator v0.91b source code: masterlator-v0.091b-src.zip (1.069KB), 29th May, 2009
Masterlator v0.1b for GP32: masterlator-gp32-v001b.zip (122KB), 29th May, 2009
Masterlator v0.07b for Win32: masterlator-v007b-win32.zip (181KB), 29th May, 2009